Posted on
17:43
by
Unknown
The iPad is a great tool if you’re on the go, away on holiday, or just lounging around at home. As a blogger, which apps are worth your time? Here are 5 you should check out.
1. Feedly
Feedly is a way to keep up with your Google Reader subscriptions on the iPad. The above screenshot shows some of the feeds I’ve added to my “Blogging” folder. I find Feedly to be a much more pleasant reading experience than Google Reader – it just feels cleaner.
Cost: Free
2. iA Writer
If you feel like writing a blog post without the distractions of email and social media, you can’t get much more minimalist than iA Writer. Best used with a Bluetooth keyboard, the app gets everything out of the way and lets you focus on what’s important: the content.
Cost: £0.69
3. WordPress for iOS
Although it lacks WYSIWYG editing (you have to write posts in HTML), WordPress for iOS allows you to add and edit posts, manage pages, manage comments, and monitor stats (although this requires a WordPress.com blog, or the Jetpack plugin). It’s pretty simple, but at the very least, it’s a good way to approve comments when you’re not on your desktop computer.
Cost: Free
4. Hootsuite
I use TweetDeck on my desktop computer, but when looking for iPad Twitter apps, I couldn’t find TweetDeck. So I gave Hootsuite a try instead, and I was pleasantly surprised. It’s streets ahead of the official Twitter app and makes life easy when managing multiple accounts or reading lists. The column-based layout translates nicely to the iPad. Give it a try.
Cost: Free
5. Analytics for iPad
Despite a few interface differences, this is basically Google Analytics for your iPad. There’s little more to say than that really (although you can check out my Google Analytics eBook if you like). Suffice to say, it’s a worthwhile app if you like to keep an eye on your stats.